HBI-DC is dedicated to preventing Hepatitis B and C infections and its consequences in at-risk communities.
HBI-DC takes a grassroots approach providing direct services in easily accessible locations for the underserved communities. We partner with community, governmental and faith-based organizations to provide free Hepatitis B and C education, screenings and linkages to care, as well Hepatitis B vaccinations. Your support helps provide resources and services for those especially vulnerable to Hepatitis B and C such as Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, African immigrants and baby boomers. For more information check out hbi-dc.org!
Oct. 2009-Oct. 2015
- Screened more than 8300 at-risk individuals for hepatitis B;
- Provided in-person education to 13,800 individuals;
- Identified over 2600 individuals vulnerable to infection in need of vaccination;
- Begun or completed hepatitis B vaccination for over 2500 at-risk individuals;
- Identified and followed up with 436 individuals who are infected with HBV and 100 with HCV, giving them a chance to prevent the long-term complications of hepatitis;
- Organized over 240 hepatitis B education, screening, or vaccination events.
- Expanded our services to Minnesota, @hbimn15 or facebook.com/hbimn15
Please help us spread the word, your support helps us save lives!
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!