Protecting the Connecticut River and its tributaries from source to sea since 1952.
A gift to the Connecticut River Watershed Council benefits you, your rivers and your community. Your gift today will be matched 100%, doubling your impact.
The Connecticut River is at the heart of our region’s history, economy and quality of life. Since 1952, CRWC members have pushed to improve our rivers' quality and protection. We have come a long way together, but much work remains to be done. Please join us to continue righting the wrongs done to the Connecticut River and preserve this amazing resource.
With the help of our members, the Council protects the Connecticut River basin from its source near the Canadian border to the sea. We work on the ground in New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, and Connecticut to ensure clean water for our communities. We seize key opportunities to reduce water pollution, restore rivers for wildlife and fish, and increase recreational enjoyment of the Connecticut River ecosystem.
By working together for thriving, sustainable rivers, we enrich our world today and leave a positive legacy for future generations – beautiful, safe, and robust rivers.
Our work includes:
- Taking on big polluters like Vermont Yankee
- Educating the general public about threats to the river and how they can help
- Restoring riverbanks and removing dams to improve clean water and protect wildlife habitat
- Engaging young people in cleaning up our rivers
- Advocating with federal and state agencies and lawmakers for the highest level of protection for the Connecticut River and all tributary rivers within the watershed
- Improving recreational opportunities along our rivers
To learn more, visit www.ctriver.org
Our rivers need friends like you.
Thank you for helping to protect our rivers.
*For gifts of $75 or more, you get our 2016 wall calendar full of beautiful river photos!