Community support for excellence in education in Amherst, Pelham, Leverett, and Shutesbury public schools.
Thank you for stepping up to support our wonderful teachers and students on Giving Tuesday and throughout the year!
Help us reach our Giving Tuesday and end-of-year goal of $10,000 in donations which will allow us to make 4, not 3, meaningful grants this spring, benefiting all our students!
All donations made between Nov. 2nd and midnight on Dec. 1st will help AEF earn cash prizes - give early, and spread the word!
Your gift on Giving Tuesday will help us make enriching and inspiring programs and projects possible in our schools. Recently, with donations from hundreds of people like you, we've supported ongoing projects like:
- $15,000 for age-appropriate playground equipment for the Amherst Preschool Playground at Crocker Farm, serving special and regular education students from across the Amherst public schools;
- The purchase of 21 iPads and music education software to enable three new music courses at Amherst Regional Middle School, bringing music education to students who might not otherwise have access to music instruction;
- Construction of a greenhouse at the South East High School, working with other schools for hands-on educationin sustainability;
- Programmable Robotics equipment for ARHS;
- Digital photography equipment and graphic design software for ARHS Art Department;
- Summer math training for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade teachers;
- Reading and Writing curriculum development;
- Lego Robotics for all 6 elementary schools;
- Learn more about these grants at www.amhersteducationfoundation.org.
Please tell your friends that you made a donation and invite them to join you in support of our schools!
The Amherst Education Foundation, Inc. is an independent, non-profit education fund committed to stimulating excellence, promoting equity, enhancing diversity and mobilizing broad community support for the public schools of Amherst, Leverett, Pelham, and Shutesbury. Our supporters include businesses, parents and other concerned citizens who share the belief that strong public schools are essential to a thriving town.
Serving The Amherst-Area Public Schools Since 1994.
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!