What is #GivingTuesday?
In the week following Thanksgiving, Americans will spend millions of dollars in the shopping frenzies around Black Friday and Cyber Monday. #GivingTuesday is a day to remind us all that giving means much more than the exchange of material goods—it means volunteering at a local shelter, helping out a friend in need, and, of course, donating to worthy causes.
As the crowdfunding platform for causes, Razoo is enabling nonprofits across the country to participate in #GivingTuesday™ through online fundraising. This #GivingTuesday—December 2nd, 2014 from 12:01 a.m. EST until 11:59 p.m. EST—join us in a movement of generosity and everyday philanthropy.
- Last year, Razoo's #GivingTuesday Giving Day raised $1,141,097 in 24 hours.
- In 2013, the movement garnered 300 million impressions on Facebook. The #GivingTuesday hashtag reached 2 billion people and was tweeted as much as 700 times/minute, resulting in national and international trending.
- The average online gift in 2013 was $140.05, a 40% increase over 2012.
- Bill Gates, the White House, the Clinton Foundation, and numerous socially‐conscious celebrities publicly supported #GivingTuesday on their blogs and social media channels.
- #GivingTuesday generated mentions on NPR, CBS Evening News, ABC News, USA Today, the Huffington Post, Forbes, Mashable, the Washington Post and the Los Angeles Times.